Saturday, September 22, 2012

Number 304

Today I picked up my race number for tomorrow's JustWorkout Devonport Classic - I'm number 304!


As usual you get a few discount vouchers and goodies, of which there are a few missing.  I think that has something to do with a 13 year old boy.

I'm organised and have laid out my gear, but still feel like I've forgotten something:

Nike cap
Lululemon Tata Tamer bra
Nike tank
Nike GPS Sportwatch
Lululemon Pace Setter skirt
Adidas socks
Adidas Response shoes
Have I forgotten something obvious?
As usual I am following all the how-not-to-rules and I'm wearing something brand new on race day.   And it is probably the one item that could cause the most brand-new-issues - a running bra.  I don't expect there to be any problems for a mere 5k, but that could be my famous last words.

For the record, this week things were scaled back a bit in preparation for the race (I still feel funny calling it a 'race' because I'm not really racing against anybody, just me!):

Tuesday - 25 mins slow with 6 x 30 secs fast

Thursday - 25 mins slow

I hope my GPS works tomorrow - on Thursday's run it wouldn't connect to anything for some reason, but I suppose I can survive without it.  My race plan is to make sure I don't go too fast at the start, to not let the hill kill me, and to run under 30 minutes.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hope your run went well! It was a beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late to wish you luck as the race was this morning, but I hope it went well!! Looks like you had everything well in hand :-) Did your watch work? How did the race go? I look forward to hearing about it! Oh wow, exciting stuff! I'm living vicariously through you, since I still can't run :-/

    I don't race against anybody but myself either, if that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn and Kreacher, it was a perfect morning for a run! Yes my watch worked, and despite not running sub 30 (32:22 was my official time) I think I ran alright. It was fun - more later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...