Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Three Exciting Things!

Exciting Thing #1:

I've never been featured on another blog before, but now I can say I have!  You may have noticed Cathryn from My Heart's Content blog doing a really interesting series called Running The World, where a runner is interviewed about the running scene in their particular country.  So far she has featured Myjka from the Czech Republic, Preeti from India, Grace and Holly from Singapore - and today she is featuring guess who from New Zealand!

Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand - running heaven 
Anyone who knows me knows that I can talk about running forever, so I was thrilled to be asked.  Click on over to her blog and have a read!

Exciting Thing #2:

I entered the Auckland Half Marathon in November.  Thanks all for your thoughtful comments helping me to decide. I decided I'm not ready to train for a marathon this year, and I really like the idea of trying to run a sub-2 half instead.  That means I need to knock about 11 minutes off my time, which doesn't sound huge until you look at the difference in pace:

2:10:22 = 6:10 pace
1:59:59 = 5:41 pace

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but you never know.  What I do know is that I need to try a little harder, so this could be a good thing.



Exciting Thing #3:

I'm not the only one in my household running the half marathon - Steven is too!  He started running when I was training for it last year and back then we ran at a similar pace, now he is streaks ahead and leaves me in his dust.  At least he'll be waiting for me at the finish line!


However, I'm a bit sorry I won't be able to cheer him on like he did for me!
That's enough excitement for one day!
Any exciting news from your neck of the woods?
Have you entered the Auckland Marathon - half or full?
Where is your running heaven?


12 comments:

  1. That was a great guest post! Now I'm wondering if you'll share your trail run snack recipe for homemade oaty cookies. Have fun training for the half! It's fun having a race to look forward to, especially if you aren't the only one in your family racing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it Tina! And yes - I'll share my cookie recipe soon, plus another favourite nibble for the trails!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post! I am with Tina you should share your recipe. Good luck getting your sub 2 half, speed work it key but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can do it - 10 mins doesn't sound much faster, but when you have to run at that pace for 21km it is!

      Delete
  3. i miss NZ!!! love the pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make it back soon for a visit Lindsay!

      Delete
  4. Glad you made a decision and got in before it fills up! See you on the start line, and hopefully at the finish as I'm aiming for a similar time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got in too Michelle - it is now sold out! See you there!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you liked the blog-post - I'm so excited about it, and I'm hassling my husband to come to NZ in the Autumn!!
    Also, excellent stuff about doing the half-marathon. Glad you're happy with the decision you made. A sub-two is a really big deal, I was so unbearably excited when I finally pulled it off! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must come and visit - let me know and we'll go for a run!
      I am excited about the half - I want to be a member of the sub2 club like you!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed the your "interview" on Cathryn's blog. The New Zealand Tourism Bureau should totally pay you for the droves of runners that will be heading over there shortly. ;)

    Good luck with your half marathon training and with your sub-2 goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - it is a nice place to run!
      Thanks for wishing me luck!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...