Monday, April 8, 2013

My #BestRun


Today I'm linking up with Miss Zippy who shares the story of her recent #bestrun on holiday in Austin, and she is kindly inviting others to link up and share their stories on her blog too.

Even if you have only been running for 18 months like myself, it can be hard to decide on a single best run.  But last weekend's long run is one that stands out for several reasons for me.
  • I climbed 3 of the volcanoes that are dotted around Auckland city, and the awesome views at the top of each was well worth the climb.
  • It was my longest run ever, in both distance and time - I ran (and walked some of those uphills!) over 15 km in 2 hours. 
  • I had been feeling a bit down for a couple of weeks prior, and this run made me happy once again!  The challenge and rewards of each climb, the freedom of exploring new routes, and blissfully running at my forever pace, was all it took to come alive again.  The jelly beans may have helped too.

For pictures and more, click here to visit this post that I wrote shortly afterwards while still on my runner's high. And pop on over to Miss Zippy's for more Best Run stories - or even better share your own!
Thanks Miss Zippy!

5 comments:

  1. That is a great run, I didn't realize you were such a new runner, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I bet that was spectacular! Great job on doing such hard work so early into your running "career." Impressive!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure would love to come there and run the volcanoes too! Someday- it's on my list :)
    It's fantastic that you have all those trails to explore. My "best runs" are when I have not been feeling well and finally get a chance to get out or go longer also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure would love to come there and run the volcanoes too! Someday- it's on my list :)
    It's fantastic that you have all those trails to explore. My "best runs" are when I have not been feeling well and finally get a chance to get out or go longer also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful scenery! I love the ability of a good run to boost your mood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...