Saturday, November 2, 2013

I Think I'm Ready

Today I headed on down to the Viaduct Events Centre to pick up my race pack - it was kind of exciting!


I entered endless competitions, and picked up endless brochures, got a copy of a Runners World that I had missed and a pace band for 2:10 which I think is a bit fast for me.  I found my name on the lead vehicle (fourth row right at the bottom) and took a photo, as you do:


The race T-shirts are quite nice this year - I will definitely wear it.


But I think my awesomeist acquisition at the expo was a pair of Dual jandals from the wonderful guys at Total Sport:



I'm really looking forward to running their Speight's West Coaster in three weeks time, and the Dual in March!

After the expo I met with four awesome local running bloggers for lunch:

Rachel from Curious Runner Girl
Michelle from Run Kiwi Run!
Vera from Super Generic Girl
(me)
Jody from Kreachr's Little Corner
It was so nice to meet all you lovely ladies - this is going to be an annual event, right?!

Afterwards I spent a lazy afternoon at home assembling my gear and trying to decide what time to aim for.  I think it is 2:15, but let's see what the morning brings.  I hope I will sleep, as there are fireworks going off all around us tonight!


 I think I'm ready.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck!! You are going to do great! I can't wait to hear about it, so post an update soon after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I'm happy with my result and can't wait to share!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed lunch, it was great to meet everyone. You looked lovely, sorry I didn't recognise you out of running gear! Would you mind terribly if I used the group photo for my blog too?

    Congrats on an awesome run today btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it fun - I think it should be an annual event - big thanks to Rachel for organising!
      Yes, yes, use the photo - I emailed you the big file.
      Today was awesome. Sorry I missed you!

      Delete
    2. My pleasure, I loved it. You girls are awesome sauce! Yes, annually indeed, great idea :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to finally meet you! And yay - congrats on the run today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Can't wait to read the recap :) the race shirt is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Great to have met you, look forward to your race recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you! And definitely keen for this to be an annual event!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...