Sunday, March 31, 2013

Running Doldrums

Lately I've been in the running doldrums - life has been a bit hectic and it can be hard to find the energy to lace up.

I didn't run for four whole days one week.  Plus I've skipped or downgraded a few runs in the last 2-3 weeks.  Feeling tired, tense and agitated, I would pace the house thinking how I really should go for run, but also thinking how many other things were more important to do.  When I did run, I felt weak, lethargic, and that my arms and legs were out of sync.  My body was not in the mood.

Anyway, this week I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Dominion Road underpass, on my Mt Eden running route
I'm back to working part time, and the night classes I teach are almost complete for this term.  It is amazing how some extra time makes life feel more in control!  I'm sleeping better, and I've had a couple of great runs where I felt faster and stronger. Plus, I'm really looking forward to my long run on Sunday.

(Fast Forward - it is Sunday night and I have had an awesome long run that I can't wait to tell you about - tomorrow!)

Does LIFE get in the way of your running sometimes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...